- Social media share
- Email signups
- An online sale
- A user adding an item to their wish list
- A user adding a product to their cart
Use high-quality images and videosWhen a prospective customer is browsing on your eCommerce shop, they see the product images and videos that you have used to show the product. These need to be clear and of high-quality. These images help the user understand the nuances of the product and also visualise it better. This leads to them trusting your product which betters the chances of them buying the product.
Put a pop-up on your siteStudies suggest that adding a pop-up can increase your conversion rate. Here are a few tips on using pop-ups correctly:
- Use various relatable and value-adding offers such as free things, discounts, premium content, quick access to events, and PDFs, among others. Try this until you find the most suitable offer.
- The pop-up should appear after the user has been on the site for 30 seconds so it doesn’t irritate the user.
- Users should be able to close the pop-up easily.
- Set a cookie to make the pop-up appear only once per user. Usually, pop-up tools allow this.
Eliminate distractionsUsers love it when they get clear directions/information on the website and not an overload of information. Keeping your landing page easy to navigate and crisp is the first step. Do not include anything that’s not essential and keep only the information that the visitors must know. Following are the key pointers that you should include:
- Benefits and features
- Headlines and subheadings
- Offerings in the form of visuals